I miss having new recipes to upload for Foodie Mondays…because I honestly do love food but unfortunately, I either haven’t come up with anything new nor can we post something that’s already been published elsewhere unless we know exactly where it came from and have a link to include as a source. HOWEVER! I have a new recipe! It’s something I came up with recently due to how little we had in our cupboards/fridge at the time…and it tastes so good! Even better is the fact that it’s a pretty versatile recipe…you can add anything you want to it vegetable-wise and if you’re up for a bit of experimenting then you can put your own twist on it and add some different spices/herbs. This recipe is my very own version of a homemade Egg Fried Rice…and it’s so TOTALLY NOM!! I hope you guys enjoy it as much as me and my siblings do!
Vegetable Fried Rice
1 cup rice, cooked
2tbsp oil (vegetable or sunflower etc.)
¾ cup mixed vegetables
- In a frying pan or wok heat up the oil, chilli, ginger and garlic then add the pre-cooked rice.
- Beat the egg and quickly mix into the rice to bind it.
- Add in chopped vegetables and cook; in this case I used broccoli, cauliflower, corn, carrots and peas but you can use whichever vegetables you’d like.
- Continue cooking until rice and veggies have a golden-brown colouring; if you end up with a thin crust on the pan, break it up and mix it into the rice.
- Serve onto a plate and add salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy.
Cooking Time: approx. 30 to 45 minutes
Prep Time: approx. 10 minutes
Serves: 2 to 3 people
Anyway, keep being you and stay strong…if things ever seem bleak or scary or stressful etc., write it down and have a munch on some good food (balance it…healthy and not-so-healthy); you’ll feel better getting it out of your system (the upset, not the food). Take care of yourselves!