Custard. It’s definitely a favourite in my household… We haven’t eaten it much in the last couple of years but as a kid, it was always the packet stuff. However, recently we’ve been eating a lot of homemade stuff – courtesy of yours truly – and my family seems to just devour it. Now, this recipe isn’t Dairy Free or Vegan but it is Gluten Free and Vegetarian, is smooth, not too sweet and tastes absolutely delicious. For this recipe you’ll need the following ingredients:
Now, this recipe isn’t Dairy Free or Vegan but it is Gluten Free and Lacto-Vegetarian. It is smooth, not too sweet, and tastes absolutely delicious. For this recipe you’ll need the following ingredients:
1 c Milk
2 tbsp White Sugar
1 tsp Vanilla Essence
3 drops Yellow Food Colouring (this is optional…it just adds a little bit of colour, most recipes for homemade custard don’t include food colouring)
1/4 c Cornflour (just a couple tsp mixed with water)
- Turn on the stove-top to a medium heat.
- Beat egg in a small pan and slowly add milk while whisking.
- Add sugar, vanilla essence and food colouring. Mix well.
- Place the pan onto the stove-top and quickly add the cornflour.
- Continuously whisk until thick and there’s no lumps. Don’t let it boil.
- Serve with preferred dessert and enjoy.
This recipe serves about four people. I hope you all enjoy it as much as me and my family do!