Today I’m going to teach you how to make my special fried rice.
This is Dairy Free and Gluten free. Here are the ingredients:
- Add two tablespoons of olive oil to your pan – I use a Paella pan, but a frying pan or wok will work. Add your mushrooms once thinly sliced. When the mushrooms begin to shrink, add the sliced chicken.
- Add another tablespoon of oil before adding the ham, peas, and finely chopped spring onion. Make sure that all ingredients brown slightly, and that the ham and chicken cook throughout.
- I used Veetee rice to save time, so I put those in the microwave for four minutes. If you’re cooking your own Jasmine rice, you’ll need to cook it for around 15 minutes so it may be best to do this beforr beginning to fry the main ingredients.
- Once the rice is done, add it to the fried food and mix in with the Sriracha, sweet chili sauce, and gluten free soy sauce before adding the final tablespoon of oil and the king prawns.
- Mix all the ingredients. As soon as the prawns are in tight rings (the muscle of the prawns will had made them contract and form small rings) turn off the heat and begin to serve.
Some FAQ about this:
- Why do the mushrooms go in first? Because we want them to fry, heavily brown, and shrink, they take a while to do this so they need to go in at the same time as the Chicken.
- Why Ham instead of Pork? Although they’re the same animal, Ham is much saltier and when fried with chicken, it spreads the flavour and compliments the chicken well.
- Why do you put the Prawns in so late? Because if you cook them for any longer than three minutes they will go extremely rubbery and terrible in taste – this way they’re still juicy and edible.
If you have any recipe requests or suggestions, go to our Totally Nom page and fill in the contact form!