Chow Mein has been one of my favourite meals for a long time, and with my gaining allergies, I have had to find a way around them in order to continue eating my favourite foods.
So, here is my Veggie Chow Mein.
- 4 tablespoons of Gluten Free Soy Sauce – this can be bought from Morrisons for £2.48.
- 4 medium sized Mushrooms – if you don’t like mushrooms, you can use red cabbage, cucumber, or another vegetable that fills your stomach.
- 4 Spring Onions
- 3 tablespoons of Sweet Chili Sauce
- 2 medium Bell Pepper – I used green ones.
- 1 teaspoon of Lemon Juice
- 1 teaspoon of Lime Juice
- 1 teaspoon of Sriracha
- Asia Specialities Rice Noodles – I bought mine from Aldi at 99p for two portions.
NOTE: If you like your food sweeter, rather than spicy and salty, I recommend only using three table spoons of the Gluten Free Soy Sauce and using an extra spoon of Sweet Chili Sauce but no Sriracha.
How to cook it:
- Take you Gluten Free Soy Sauce and add two tablespoons to your pan. Once it begins to bubble, add you sliced Mushrooms and sliced Bell Peppers.
- After this, add two tablespoons of your Sweet Chili Sauce and your Sriracha.
- Once it begins to bubble, add your Spring Onions and Rice Noodles – add the extra two spoons of Gluten Free Soy Sauce on top of the noodles to give them moisture while mixing them in.
- With the noodles soft, and mixed in, add your final spoon of Sweet Chili Sauce and your Lemon and Lime. Continue stirring it for a further two minutes before serving up.
I hope you enjoy this meal as much as I did!
If you have a request, fill in the contact form below to tell me!