Lush: something that is luxurious, rich, attractive.
For a long time, I used to describe certain items and meals as lush. It was my way of expressing my love for something. And I still do it now, I just don’t use the term lush as much anymore – but it is still very relevant! So, here are a few things that I think are lush:
- Chicken: I love chicken! When I was 12, my obsession with eating chicken got to a point that I wasn’t getting enough red meat in my diet and doctors go worried – you know something is seriously wrong when doctors want you to eat more red meat! I would have it every day, and it would be in any form – grilled, roasted, fried. I loved chicken, and still do! I just can’t afford to eat it as much as I used to.
- Apple Juice: I have no way of describing my obsession with it other than saying that I damaged my insides severely due to only eating and drinking Apple for a full four-week period…. I don’t recommend it, I literally disintegrated my insides. I didn’t do it for a diet purpose, however, which people have suggested that I did it for. I didn’t, I was actually struggling to keep my Bulimia in check and Apple Juice and Apples were the only things my body would allow to keep in my system. And due to not wanting to die due to starvation or dehydration, I continued eating and drinking apple. It was during my four weeks on the NCS course in 2014, which I don’t regret doing but sort of do at the same time? It was a good course, but the assumption that I got from the adults in charge of the course was horrible – “You can’t be bulimic, you’re too fat”. Thanks, dickheads, you made my health worse – well done.
- My Mum’s Shepherd’s Pie: I have it every two to three weeks, due to still living with my parents, but for a long time I ended up with stomach pain after eating it, which we have now found that it was due to a combination between the Gluten in the gravy and the Lactose in the cheese on the top of the pie. But just over a week ago, I had Shepherd’s Pie for the first time with Lactofree cheese and Gluten-free gravy, and it was officially one of the best things ever.
- Southern Fried Chicken Salad: Nom, that’s all I need to say really, isn’t it? Chicken salad is always great! But I like having egg in mine, too!
- Video Games with a good narrative: I can’t be the only one in the world that will pay a lot of money for a good story, rather than a storyless game with shit gameplay for the same price, right? I love The Last of Us, Bioshock, and To The Moon, but I can’t stand COD…. Call of Duty is just… shit. Sorry, not sorry.
- Chocolate Milk: Due to my now incapability of eating or drinking Lactose, I’ve had to find a Lactose-Free chocolate milk alternative, and I’m happy to say that I have found such – Alpro Soy Chocolate Milk is to die for! It is the epitome of lush! I love it. I hate the price, but the drink is divine!
- Coffee Ice Cream: This isn’t the most popular ice cream flavour, I will admit, a lot of people really hate it! However, I adore it! But it’s hard enough to get Coffee Ice Cream with Lactose in it, never mind getting a Lactose-Free version. So, I will be making some and hoping for the best! I will let you know if it works as I shall be getting an ice cream maker shortly 😉 Happy days!
And that’s it for me today! I love food, food is lush; it can betray you, as I know only too well due to it making me ill; but, I will get to it and I will be okay, and I’m excited to show my progress with you all!
I hope you all have a wonderfully lush day 😉
Take care everyone.
Reminder that our Spring Writing Contest is now open! If you would like to submit a piece, click the image below for the details!