Warning: This post is political, and talks about Human Rights in the US. If you don’t want to read it, please skip today’s post. Have a nice day.
Human Rights are a key part of humanity. They tell us that we have the right to have certain things:
- The right to Equality
- The right to Freedom from Discrimination
- The right to Life, Liberty, and Personal Security
- The right to Freedom from Slavery
- The right to Freedom from Torture and Degrading Treatment
- The right to Recognition as a Person before the Law
- The right to Equality before the Law
- The right to Remedy by Competent Tribunal
- The right from Arbitrary Arrest and Exile
- The right to a Fair Public Hearing
- The right to be Considered Innocent until Proven Guilty
- The right to Freedom from Interference with Privacy, Family, Home and Correspondence
- The right to Free Movement in and out of the Country
- The right for Asylum in other countries from Persecution
- The right to a Nationality and the Freedom to Change it
- The right to Marriage and Family
- The right to Own Property
- The right to Freedom of Belief and Religion
- The right to Freedom of Opinion and Information
- The right of Peaceful Assembly and Association
- The right to Participate in Government and in Free Elections
- The right to Social Security
- The right to Desirable Work and to Join Trade Unions
- The right to Rest and Leisure
- The right to Adequate Living Standard
- The right to Education
- The right to Participate in the Cultural Life of Community
- The right to a Social Order that Articulates this Document (The Universal Declaration of Human Rights)
- The right to Community Duties Essential to Free and Full Development
- The right to Freedom from State or Personal Interference in the above Rights.
That’s all the Universal Human Rights. And just so you know, a lot of these are currently being broken or are trying to be broken in America.
With Trump being the new President, we are now seeing a lot of Discrimination: Racism, Sexism, Homophobia, Genderphobia, Islamophobia, discrimination against the Ill and the Disabled – and a lot more. And of course, most people are ignoring these facts and just saying that us ‘liberals’ are just having a tantrum. But that’s not the case.
Trump is taking away Obamacare, which is also known as the ACA, causing millions to no longer have health insurance. Obamacare has helped hundreds if not millions of people survive and win medical battles. And with that being taken away, it is going to cause a lot of sick and disabled people to get worse, or even die, due to not being able to access health care.
Trump is also attempting to get rid of Equal Marriage as well as taking away the right for people, of any sexuality or gender, to adopt. Meaning he is taking away the right for someone to marry the person they love and have a family. It’s also taking away equal rights – which is basically his way of making us look like Sub-Human.
The amount of racism in America at the moment has increased – whether this is because of more racists coming out of the closet, or the fact that their new President seems to condone such acts I’m not sure but it could be both at this stage.
The new government is also wanting to get rid of Pro-Choice, meaning women who get pregnant will not have ANY access to Abortion – even if it could endanger their lives. More Pro-Birth than Pro-Life, if you ask me. And to make matters worse, they’re also trying to make it even harder to get contraception! Baring in mind contraception isn’t just used as birth control but its also used to regulate periods and treat some illnesses caused by over production of hormones.
And now, we can go onto Education: the education system in the US has been terrible since the 1960s. And this is because the US has, for example: a #1 in confidence levels in Mathematics, but is at the bottom of the Mathematics scoreboard due to none of them being good at Maths – yes, you may think you’re good, but Japan, Australia, New Zealand and every other developed country is better than you…. And to make matters worse, did you know that there are going to be budget cuts to schooling? As well as possible Privatization? How fabulous, right? Not.
Aqueduct Living Standard – there are a LOT of homeless people in the US, if you haven’t noticed. Whether its due to discrimination because of health, sexuality, or gender, it doesn’t matter. There are too many homeless!
Freedom of Speech is the next one! Yes, this is being threatened, but not to the White, Christian, Heterosexual, Cisgender men in America – no, you’ll be fine! It’s actually more likely to affect Women, LGBT+, POC, and Non-Christians – which is pretty typical. Trump has also refused media into the white house, already.
And his followers aren’t doing anything much better, Republican Trump Voters have been denying non-Trump supporters Freedom of Speech and Protest since he got elected. Saying that we shouldn’t protest due to him winning Fair and Square, although he lost the majority by three million and only won due to the electoral college count. Yes, the Electoral College is more important than American people – typical.
Funny thing is, people protest Obama on both occasion of his election, not because of his lack of respect for Human Rights (which he didn’t have, unlike some), but because of his skin colour! Yes, most protests were asking for his Birth Certificate and were asking for proof that he is a US citizen. Considering they played that card, I want to see Mrs Trump’s Green card.
And the list of things goes on. So, how again is Human Rights not being supported?
How are you having Freedom of Speech, Freedom from Discrimination, the right to Education? You’re not. Better get campaigning.