Hello Everyone and welcome to Lets Talk, Cas!
Today, I want to talk about an event which happened to me yesterday…
I fell asleep at college. This happened for several reasons:
- I had only slept for 6 hours over the entire weekend.
- My pills make me want to sleep.
- I passed out and had no control over it.
So, I fell asleep, and woke up extremely late for my third class… Yeah, I slept through my second class, third class and 45 minutes, out of 90 minutes, of my last class…
As you can imagine, I was not amused and I ended up having a panic attack.
Now, although I missed half of the class, I didn’t get in trouble with my teachers, why? Because they know that sleep is important! For the first time ever, I have found teachers that understand that when you’re ill, you’re ill and if you come into college when ill, you’re clearly committed.
So, here is why sleep is important:
- Sleep keeps you awake and focused throughout the day – if you sleep at night, you’ll be able to work and play as much as you want through the day.
- When you’re asleep, your brain rewires some of your memory and thoughts in order to make specific things more important than others – they basically organise your memories, sort of like how it is shown in Inside Out.
- If you have over 8 hours of sleep, you are more likely to have a great day! I’ve noticed this because the more I sleep, the less annoying my depression is!
And thats why sleep is important!
Apparently, if you sleep for longer than 10 hours, there is a higher chance of death… I disagree. If depressed and suicidal people, similar to myself, sleep for longer (if insomnia wasn’t being an ass) then the suicide rate would drop a little, at least, meaning they live longer.
But… Everything is just theory these days, there is no extensive scientific research on anything really…
I hope you all have a great day everyone!
Castiel Gutierrez ❤
[My Mate has been updated! Check it out at: https://www.wattpad.com/story/8410720-my-mate-girlxgirl]